Publish Open Access without writing fees in Springer's Open Choice Journals
Halmstad University is a member of a national agreement with Springer. In short, the agreement means that HH researchers who publish in all Springer Nature''s hybrid journals, so called Open Choice, do not pay any author fees, so-called APC fees. APC costs are covered by the national agreement and publications are freely available.
How does it work?
- When you as an author has gotten your manuscript accepted in a journal covered in the agreement you will receive an email with a link to the Springer publishing platform MyPublication. For the manuscript to be covered by the agreement the HH-researcher must be a corresponding author. The definition of a Corresponding author is:
"the person who handles the manuscript and correspondence during the publication process – from manuscript correction and proof reading, to handling the revisions and re-submission of revised manuscripts up to the acceptance of the manuscripts. The author has the authority to act on behalf of all co-authors in all matters pertaining to publication of the manuscript including supplementary material. The corresponding author is responsible for obtaining such agreements and for informing the co-authors of the manuscript’s.”
- On MyPublication, specify which institution you are connected to and your HH-mail address. A message is then sent automatically to the University Library.
- Your affiliation to Halmstad University will be verified by both Springer and the University Library.
- Your article can now be published open access with a Creative Commons license (CC-BY license).
Publication types and journals in the agreement
The agreement covers APC fees for the following publication types:
- Original Paper: Standard article, usually presenting new results; Articles published under this article type may also be referred to as Original Research, Original Article, Original Paper or Research Paper.
- Review Paper: Standard article, interpreting previously published results.
- Brief Communication: Short article submitted for rapid publication that exhibits the same structure as a standard article.
- Continuing Education: Article forming an integral part of further education (usually medical).
APC costs is covered for all Springer Nature''s hybrid journals, so called Open Choice (more than 1850). This list may be expanded. A hybrid journal is a traditional subscription-based journal in which articles can be made openly available through a writers' duty is paid.
Self-archiving in DiVA
To give your article increased visibility and greater spread, you can self-archive your article in DiVA. Springer Compact agreement allows instant publishing in DiVA of the final published version of the article.
Guide for authors (pdf)
List of journals covered (xlsx)