Register/publish in DiVA
How to register a publication manually
Search in DiVA http://hh.diva-portal.org/ to check if the publication has already been registered.
⇒ Yes: Edit the existing record if you want to add or change details. (See the quick reference guide Edit, copy or delete publication data).
⇒ No: Register the publication following the instructions below.
- Log onto DiVA http://hh.diva-portal.org/login with your University account and password.
A. When you have logged in, select Add publication/Upload files.
- Select publication type: For an explanation of the various publication types, see the help text in DiVA by hovering over the question mark.
You can save an incomplete registration as a draft by clicking on Cancel / Save draft and selecting Save a draft. You can find it later under My drafts (under Add publication / Upload files). The following instructions apply for the example Article in journal. For fields that are specific for other types of publications, see the last paragraph in this guide.
- Subcategory: Specify a subcategory if the article is an Editorial, Letter, Meeting abstract or News item.
- Author: Fill in all author names. If there are several authors, use the button Another author. Fill in your username at HU in the Local User ID field. Usernames serve as unique personal IDs in DiVA and are used for displaying publication lists on your profile page at the University's web site and in the local Researcher Database. Adding an ORCID iD is optional.
- Choose organisation: Select the organisational affiliation i.e. department or unit for all Halmstad University authors. Browse to the lowest level in the hierarchy. Select the organisation that corresponds to the affiliation present in the article. If you want to register a publication that you wrote when you were working at another university, enter the details in the free text field labelled “Other university”. It is also possible to use this free text field if while at Halmstad University you were also affiliated with another organisation when you wrote the article.
Title: Enter the title and any subtitle and select the language of the title.
Content type: Select the content type of your work.
Status: Select the publishing status of your work. “Published” is preselected.
Journal: Begin by entering the title or the ISSN of the journal in Part of journal and select from the list displayed. The journal selected is then displayed under the box. If the journal is not on the list, fill in all the details under Other journal.
Conference: If the article originates from a conference, fill in name, place and date.
Other information: Fill out the year, volume, number, article id, and pages.
Identifiers: Fill in the DOI number of the article. (What is a DOI?) When the record is published in DiVA, the DOI number will link to the publication. If the DOI number links to free full text, tick the box Free full-text. You can also fill in other IDs, such as ISI, ScopusID and PubMedID.
If you fill in a link in the URL field, the link will be displayed automatically with the text External link when the record is published. If you want a different text, enter it in the field URL label.
National subject category: National subject category is used in the national finding tool SwePub. If it is difficult to specify, choose one of the general categories. You can find more detailed subject categories with the +.
Keywords and Abstract: Allocating keywords and abstract, helps others find your publication.
Research funder: If the publication is a part of a research project that is supported by a research funder, select the funder from the list and enter the project number.
Upload files: If you don’t want to upload a file but merely register details about the publication, click on Continue.
Before you upload an article or other publication that has been published by a publishing house, you must check that the publisher allows you to make the publication freely available on the Internet. Read more about copyright for full text publishing in the quick guide
Upload file/Self-archiving. Upload your publication as a PDF file. There are no special requirements in DiVA if you only want to archive your publication. Select the option Only for archiving.
Accept the publishing conditions: Read through and accept the publishing conditions. If you have chosen to archive your publication, you will not need to accept the publishing conditions.
Review/Publish: Check the details you have filled in. If you want to change something, use the link “Edit information” or click on “Back” to return to the form and make the necessary changes. When you are satisfied, click on “Submit”.
Fields that are specific for other types of publication
Fields with red asterisks (*) are required fields, in addition to those mentioned in the above example.
Book: edition, number of pages, series (select from the list or give details under Other series), no. in series, *ISBN. For books also name the *publisher.
Chapter in book: *part of book, edition, *pages, series (select from the list or give details under Other series), no. in series, *ISBN. For chapters in books also name the *publisher.
Collection (editor): *editor (fill this in in the same way as the author), edition, number of pages, series (select from the list or give details under Other series), no. in series, *ISBN.
Conference paper:*part of proceedings, *pages, series (select from the list or give details under Other series), no. in series, *ISBN, details of the conference, place and date in the field Conference.
Conference proceedings (editor): *editor (fill this in in the same way as the author), number of pages, series (select from the list or give details under Other series), no. in series, *ISBN.
Licentiate thesis: papers (if comprehensive summary), number of pages, series (select from the list or give details under Other series), no. in series, supervisor, opponent, presentation.
Manuscript (preprint): ISRN. Year not applicable for manuscripts.
Patent: *country or patent organisation, *patent number, *date of approval.
Report: alternative title (e.g. title in another language), number of pages, series (select from the list or give details under Other series), no. in series, ISBN, ISRN.