Register/publish doctoral thesis (monograph)
Some parts of this Quick reference guide are also applicable for Licentiate theses.
How to register
1. Log on to DiVA http://hh.diva-portal.org/login with your University account and password and select Add publication/Upload files to register your posting details. If you don’t have a University account, read about how to get one here.
2. Select publication type: Select Doctoral thesis, mongraph (Alternatively, Licentiate thesis, comprehensive summary) from the list and click Continue.
3. Author: Fill in your name, year of birth och your local user id at Halmstad University.
4. Choose organisation: Select the organisational affiliation, i.e. department or unit, for all Halmstad University authors. Browse to the lowest level in the hierarchy. By doing this, the name of your department will be registered automatically. Select the organisation that corresponds to the affiliation present in the article. If you want to register a publication that you wrote when you were working at another university, enter the details in the free text field labelled “Other university”. It is also possible to use this free text field if while at Halmstad University you were also affiliated with another organisation when you published the article.
Title: Fill in the title and subtitle (if appropriate) of your thesis and select language. Words in English titles should be capitalised, except for prepositions, articles and conjunctions. Avoid using a colon in the title; consider using a subtitle instead.
Alternative title: Complete this field if there is a title in a different language.
6. Other information: Fill in the year of publication and the number of pages.
7. Series: Select the series that your thesis will be published in from the list (Halmstad University Dissertations), and also its number.
8. Publisher: Fill in place = Halmstad and publisher = Halmstad University Press. Select the publisher by typing the beginning of the publisher’s name. Select the publisher from the drop-down list that appears. To remove a publisher, click on the red X.
9. Identifiers: Add the ISBN numbers. Click Another ISBN to add the number of fields.
10. National subject category: Choose one or more subject categories. National subject category is used in the national finding tool SwePub. To remove a category, click on the red X.
11. Keywords: Add the keywords you wish to associate with your thesis, and select language. Use a comma to separate the keywords. You can add keywords in other languages by clicking Keywords in another language.
12. Abstract: Type/paste the abstract of your thesis and select language. You can add additional abstracts by clicking on Another abstract.
13. Supervisor and opponent: Fill in the supervisor’s and opponent’s name and research environment. If the person belongs to another university, fill in Other university. You can also enter the person’s academic title. Click Another supervisor or Another opponent if you have more than one supervisor/opponent.
Public defence: Select the date and time from the calendar to the right of the date field. Add language, address and location for the public defence.
Degree: Select the title of your degree.
When you have filled in all the details, click Continue.
15. Upload file: Upload your PDF file by clicking Bläddra... (Browse...).
16. Review information: Check that all your details are correct. If you want to change something, use the link Edit information to return to the form.
17. Submit: When the registration is complete, click Submit. The library will check the record before it is published/made visible in DiVA.